Sunday 21 July 2013

Treasure Trails and Daisies....

After a long, hard weekend at work, I had the Monday off, and me and hubby planned a trip to visit his Mothers. We had bought a present for her and my Mum, in the past, from Treasure Trails,  but as yet had not had the opportunity to take her out. As we all needed a stress free, fun day and it was going to be another gloriously sunny day, it seemed like the perfect chance. What you get from Treasure Trails is a booklet, of directions of the trail around the town and clues that you need to look out for on the way round.

Our one was a Murder Mystery, so we needed to work out 'who did it' and 'with what'??
We worked our way up the high street, and found it difficult right from the start. It doesn't matter how well you know the town you are doing this in, as it makes you look at it in a completely different way and in minute detail.


We stopped off at a cafe for refreshments, before working our way up and around the church to the old town.


After a few hours of trailing and at the last clue, we rounded our day off with a cool drink at the pub!


We got stumped on 2 of the clues, so we didn't get a final result. There is a text line to get up to 3 answers, but we've chosen not to do so, as we may go back to re-check.
I can highly recommend to try one of these. In fact we've already ordered another two, a local one for us and one of my Dads village. They are fun for all the family, for any ages, an inexpensive afternoon, to pull together and search high and low!!

Crafting wise, this week I have continued with the mini bunting. This time I have been working on daisies.
Again the pattern was taken from 100 flowers to knit and crochet.
I liked it, but yet again I wanted to add my own twist. I opted to add a smaller round of petals inside.


I did also experiment with doing a closed centre, to be more realistic, but I decided that I didnt like it as much.


Having then decided on my final flower, I then went ahead and made a whole bunch.


I now need to get these hung, and I believe I have some green ribbon tucked away somewhere.

* I'm a little behind with this post, as I didnt manage to get it finished before going on holiday, but as I have only just got back, and I have loads of photos to edit, which will certainly keep me busy for the week,  but at least it enables me to put up a post *

4 comments:

  1. oh,i just smiled when i saw those crochet flowers - i'm gonna crochet them too - in the very near future. we must have the same book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your adaptation. The fuller flower looks much better. They will look really pretty all strung up together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are wonderful, they will look so pretty on a green ribbon. Hope you had a good holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a treasure trail - what a fantastic way to spend a day. Your crochet daisies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete