Sunday 20 October 2013

Jingle Stars, jingle all the way...

I continued making Stars this week, and made them a bit bigger so they became Christmas ornaments.
I started with the Gold lurex in the centre


 and then used my new 'Twinkle' yarn.



Once two identical stars are made, i've sewn them together, adding another of my new Ali Pally purchases, some coloured bells to each corner.


I have made two different colourways so far.






I have managed to find some large baubles, so the next step I want to make stars to wrap around, to make Star Baubles...




So that finally in the Star collection will be Star bunting, Star ornaments and Star baubles...

8 comments:

  1. These will look very festive hung up at Christmas. Love the little bells :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love that sparkly yarn! They look lovely just as stars even without baubles! I must got to the Ally Pally event next year, it's only right seeing I am an Ali !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh these are fab! They look like they hold there shape well too which is lovely. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on with the baubles! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baubles look good, unusual. I like the traditional colours, they look instantly festive.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your stars look lovely. They were definitely worth persevering with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your stars, I wish I could read a crochet pattern, I male knitted ones but I prefer the look of crocheted ones.

    Hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you mixed the sparkly yarn with the plain yarn. It looks very Christmas like. Very nice.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking good - I love the little bells they always make me feel Christmassy

    ReplyDelete