Monday 4 November 2013

Star decorations on Etsy

Short and sweet this week, as I havent had much time for crafting. On my day off from work I spent some much needed time on my Etsy store as its been a bit neglected.


This is my problem as work takes up so much of my time and energy, I dont get the chance to make enough stock. I have loads of ideas that race through my mind, but I only get to make such a small percentage of them, so my store is nowhere near as stocked as it should be. Secondly I need to spend time spreading word about my store, on facebook, twitter, instagram etc so I can get noticed.With no signal at work and not enough hours in the day I end up spreading myself too thinly, and the making nor the marketing gets the time it deserves. So it goes full circle, that I feel like giving up when I get no sales and dont get noticed and wonder why I keep going, expending so much energy on it all, and having no time to myself, and then getting a new burst of energy, because at the end of the day crafting is my love and passion. As of yet I dont know how to get off this roundabout, all I know is i'm feeling quite drained. But enough of my woes, i'm sure there are plenty of crafters in the same position, juggling what they want to do in between doing what they have to do.

So when I was rummaging through my basket of yarn and makes, tucked away in the corner I found this little bundle of stars that I made ages ago.


I believe they were Attic 24's teeny tiny stars. I decided to do an extra row around the edge so they weren't quite so little and then I will string them along some red glitter ribbon for another little row of bunting...



Last night, we seemed to be one of the lucky ones who managed to get to see a firework display. We had been hit with blustering winds and lashing rain in the south, but we were lucky although a strong, chilly breeze our spectacular local display went ahead, with plenty of bangs, oohs and aaahs... Meanwhile, just 2 miles down the road in the centre of town the big main display did get cancelled. We did need a hot chocolate to warm up with on the way home though!

So until next week...

8 comments:

  1. I love your stars. I too am always thinking I could/should be doing more to create stock or market better but time just seems to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly where you're coming from! Crafting and computing is so time consuming!! Pretty little stars though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean, there is never enough time in the day is there. I'm not sure what to suggest other than writing down your ideas when you have them and then cherry picking the best for your crafting time. There are so many people in the same boat so don't worry, you're not alone!

    I love your little star garland it would make such a pretty decoration at Christmas time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time does seem to flash by so quickly. When crafting becomes a chore it takes away the pleasure, maybe as already suggested to cherry pick so that you can make the best of your limited time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad its not just me this week then! It's really difficult when you have a long list of things you want to make, then you read blogs etc about even more things you'd like to try but the time you've spent on the computer could have been put to good use making something.......it is a never ending circle. I want to update my blog a bit, but wheres the time for that? I'm sure its just the time of year - we'll be back on top soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time just disappears doesn't it? I have the same problem as you spending time updating websites takes time away from promoting your business, which takes time away from making. I, too, wonder whether it is worth it, putting in lots of love and care into everything without realising sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are never enough hours in the day are there? Your stars look really pretty. I think the added border makes them look really Christmassy.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your roundabout may be very crowded- there's alot of us on the same or one very similar!
    I think crafters must be optomists too as we tend to keep going, and after all there is nothing more rewarding than creating something beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete