Sunday 3 August 2014

A taste of intarsia...

A short and sweet post this week, as I don't seem to have achieved much!

I have finished the background for my next 'summer flowers' cushion


And a couple of flowers have started to peep their pretty heads out...



I found a couple of new crochet books at the library this week.


I haven't had a good look as yet, just a flick through, but it inspired this weeks mood square. I have tried intarsia knitting before, but never with crochet, not sure why I never thought of it before!
Anyway, I absolutely love the way this square has turned out, so neat and squishy...


I admit I used the same technique that I used in the past when knitting, so I have little loops at the back where the yarn travels up. It does look very tidy, but I need to study the book further as I believe there is a way of hiding these altogether! Needless to say I intend to use this technique again!

I have to tried to catch up a little with the joining of my mood squares. I have managed to stick with making a square each week without fail, even doing some extras at holiday times, but I haven't been quite so disciplined with the joining! I know, I know, it's not the fun bit but it is essential, so I must be strict with myself and keep the joining going, the last thing I want nearing the end of the year is to have a mass to do to get it completed!



I cant believe yet another month has flown by already! So here is a look back at my July crafts!


Until next week, when hopefully some more flowers will have blossomed on the garden.....

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of the flowers on your cushions and when your mood squares are all joined, that is going to be one fabulously coloured blanket. Looks like a productive week to me really :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a mood square per week. Good plan not to leave all that sewing till the end - that's no bodies favourite bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like your garden is really in bloom! I love the collage of items you made this past month and your blanket is beautiful. Happy summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww i'm glad you're making another flowery cushion, your last one is soooo gorgeous! Loving this week's mood square too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mood squares, what a collection!
    i also love borrowing craft books from a local library, i can always have a good look whats inside. this way i ended up buying many more craft books!

    ReplyDelete