Sunday 14 September 2014

All things bright and beautiful...

This week was a race to get the beanie completed to give to my friend in time, before she ventured overseas. I intended to re-do the edge strip as I knew it had come up too tight, but before re-doing it, I wanted her to try it on to make sure she was happy with the main body of it. She was, but as I was undoing the edge, she requested whether it was possible to add more rows to make it more slouchy. This I did, and I'm very happy with the results, and thankfully so was she. I would definitely be happy to make another, more specifically i'd love to do a rainbow one, it has been a great pattern to follow.



I've also made a start with sewing together my portable squares, 


I have enough squares for the front of the bag, so I need to get cracking on the back.


I have made some progress with the 'summer flowers' cushion, and have added some foliage.


 I'm not too sure about the darker green, it may be too dark against the rest of the lighter colours?


Despite continuing with my summer cushion, there are obvious signs around us that Autumn is well and truely setting in. I can't bare the thought of Winter approaching, but I do love the ever-changing colours that happen in this season. Sadly I've not got any of the pretty trees around me, just leaves that are going straight from green to brown. What I have taken great delight in is the beautiful bright berries, such scrumptious tones.



One package that I had been searching for online, was to be able to come up with my own colour palettes. There is a sight, probably one of many, called design seeds, they have beautiful images, and they've pulled out the main colours. Sadly though, they only they only use their own images so it wasn't what I was looking for. I read plenty of blogs via bloglovin, and I was reading a passage from Moogly, on how she uses PicMonkey to plan layouts with her granny squares. She then went on to mention another post by Stitch 11, who used the same sight to produce colour palettes from her own visuals. I couldn't believe it, just what I was looking for and it was right under my nose, an editorial sight that I use every single week to edit my pictures, or produce picture collages and I was able to do so much more without realising. I followed Corina's tutorial and I'm very happy with the outcome. I can see I will have plenty of fun with this in the future.


It's been a bit of a tough week this week. I managed to break my phone, so was without it for a few days, and I know its ridiculous to be so attached to an electronic gadget, but I really did feel cut off from the world. I stay in touch with people via text, email and Instagram, plus I take a huge amount of photos wherever I go.
 On a positive note, hubby had a trip to the doctors to have his stitches cleaned and checked, all is good and he is healing well after his operation, we just need to start to build up the strength in his muscles again. so whilst many of you may take your dogs, or other pets out for walkies, I'll be taking hubby out instead, though he draws the line at getting a collar and lead, I can't see why!!?

My mood square colours have darkened a bit this week, I'm feeling a bit stressed, run down and I feel constantly tired that I struggle to keep going. I took the pattern from the simply crochet Granny app, this one is Granny Iris.




6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your friend likes her beanie hat, it looks great. You've obviously been really busy this week, I hope you can find some time to rest next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy week and the beannie hat looks great. Your summer flower scushion looks lovely. Hope you have a good week.

    Jill, Christmas Pie Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beanie looks sooo gorgeous on your friend, i bet she is thrilled with it! Well done for making so much progress with your other projects too.

    I'm glad to hear your hubby's on the mend, don't forget to take care of yourself too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was a hat person as that beanie looks great. Sorry you've had a stressful week but glad to hear hubby is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are delightful pictures! I love the beanie and the crocheted squares are so pretty too! Those berries look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the slouchie hat. So trendy.

    ReplyDelete