Monday 2 March 2015

London bound...

We had our fun trip to London, and the rain stayed away. We ventured down Regent street, and I had to pop into my favourite shop, Desigual, which happened to have a sale which was a bonus, so I was able to add to my collection. 


We came across Chinatown, with it's festive colourful lanterns 





And worked our way along Carnaby Street




We found a restaurant near the theatre. We chose Bella Italia, and I had a chicken pasta with courgette, spinach and lemon.


Then it was round the corner to the stunning theatre


with amazing interiors


Fantastic singing and dancing, made this a wonderful production


So this week I made a little progress with my monochrome cushion.
The blooms have been attached to the edge of the cushion
Buttons chosen, and buttonholes made.

A little disappointed that I didn't manage to get finished by the end of February, but that pesky short month beat me to it!


The flowers are still growing
It feels like Spring everyday in my house!








10 comments:

  1. I was born in London and lived there for ten years, but haven't been back in the last two decades! Your photos are fantastic, our children have never been, we must take them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I love how you've captured the colours in China town! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I especially love the lanterns in china town - so pretty. The butterfly buttons you've chosen for your cushion are perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fantastic bright and cheerful colours in this post. Your trip to London looks really interesting. Loving the flowers around the edge of your cushion, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fantastic bright and cheerful colours in this post. Your trip to London looks really interesting. Loving the flowers around the edge of your cushion, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your photos of London - looks like you had a fabulous time. The cushion is lovely as are your other creations. Hope you're having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love walking through china town, especially near their new year celebrations. It sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The course is called set-up shop and is running again from March 9th. It is definitely the best decision I ever made (businesswise of course)
    http://www.createandthrive.com/courses/set-up-shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely the Set-Up shop course, although I'm sure her Shift course will also be great - she has the perfect way to say things in an understandable way.

      Delete
  9. Love your trip to London and can remember Carnaby Street in the 60's/70's it was a buzz.

    ReplyDelete