Sunday 8 March 2015

Monochrome Floral Cushion

Only a little over my personal deadline, but the monochrome flower cushion is finished, complete with its butterfly buttons


I used a c2c pattern across the main body of the cushion

And added blooms all round the edges

Using just one shade. An aran yarn in Crimson.


And added some wooden, butterfly buttons for closing

This week I've been hit with the lurgy, so i've been trying to take it easy a little.
I chose the waterlily square from the 200 crochet blocks book, as there had been a request from a lady via social media, who owns an independent yarn store, as she wants to get the tree outside her store 'yarnbombed' to stand out from competitors, and this was my contribution. It was fun to make something completely different, but of course still incorporating a trade mark flower!

I have failed to keep up with my flowers everyday this week, but i'm trying not to chastise myself, as I did say i wouldn't pressurize myself, it is supposed to be for pleasure after all, so i shall pick my hook up again and continue...


I've cracked straight on with the next cushion, as always eager to start a new project, so here's a little teaser picture, but more on that one next week...


6 comments:

  1. Oh that is so pretty and love the butterflies you have added. Your basket of squares is so colourful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monochrome cushion is beautiful, the colour is divine. I love the waterlilly square too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion you finised to gorgeous. I live those butterfly buttons. I would love to see a photo of the yarnbombed tree. I will definitely make her ship stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushion you finised to gorgeous. I live those butterfly buttons. I would love to see a photo of the yarnbombed tree. I will definitely make her ship stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished cushion is sooooo gorgeous! I love the colours you've chosen for your next one too. I hope you're feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushion is unique. I like the way you have attached the flowers on the very edge. Looking forward to seeing how the next cushion turns out. That stitch looks like it will take up quite a bit of yarn :)

    ReplyDelete